Being a champion in mobility, Touch ‘n Go eWallet has announced the second phase of its #JOMTEKSI initiative. This second phase sees several new programmes being introduced, all with the aim to provide a more inclusive ecosystem for taxi drivers to thrive in a digital economy, while providing passengers with an additional mobility option to reach their destination.
At the launch event, Yang Berhormat Tuan Loke Siew Fook, Minister of Transport Malaysia said, “I applaud TNG Digital, the institution behind Touch ‘n Go eWallet for its effort in helping the taxi drivers innovate in this digital age and enhancing the taxi experience for the rakyat. This is in line with the National Transport Policy that we uphold; which is about creating a sustainable, efficient ecosystem within the existing infrastructure and adopting new technology to improve transport experience. Not only does Touch ‘n Go eWallet improve payment experiences by going cashless, but they have shown tremendous commitment to transforming the taxi ecosystem with #JOMTEKSI. The Ministry is positive that through the continuation of the #JOMTEKSI initiative, the rakyat will not only benefit from a more systematic ecosystem but this will ensure the taxi industry continues to soar.”
- Refurbishment of five (5) taxi stands within Putrajaya and Cyberjaya area. The refurbished taxi stands are located at Putrajaya Sentral, D’Pulze, Tamarind Square, Shaftsbury Square and in front of LimKokWing University in Cyberjaya. Through the refurbishment, Touch ‘n Go eWallet hopes to encourage the public to use the designated areas. Each of the stands will be equipped with USB ports to keep their mobile devices charged, and solar panels to power up the USB ports and light up the taxi stands at night.
- Under the #JOMTEKSI programme, TNG Digital collaborates with Cyberview Sdn Bhd, the Tech Hub Enabler to have Cyberjaya (and Putrajaya) as a platform to kickstart the transformation of the taxi ecosystem for the country. This collaboration will further improve the last mile connectivity for the community and provide an additional mobility option.
- The 22 taxis belonging to the #JOMTEKSI ambassadors will also be equipped with 4G Wi-Fi connectivity, supported by YES 4G. This is a first-of-its-kind initiative made available for taxi services in Malaysia, which enables street-hailing to provide an improved overall passenger experience.
- This #JOMTEKSI initiative also introduces car grooming services, exclusively made possible with CARS International. With this initiative, Touch ‘n Go eWallet will provide taxi drivers with an allowance to maintain their cars and training sessions on car maintenance, all designed to assist in upskilling the taxi drivers.
- Other than the 22 #JOMTEKSI ambassadors, there are now more than 6,000 taxi drivers in Malaysia who have opted to adopt Touch ‘n Go eWallet as a cashless payment method. Through #JOMTEKSI, each of these taxi drivers will earn an additional incentive of RM4 for each passenger that uses Touch ‘n Go eWallet to make payment for the first time. Three of the top-performing taxi drivers who earn the most will stand a chance to win a trip to China and experience the cashless society there.
Ignatius Ong, CEO of TNG Digital Sdn Bhd said, “The taxi industry is currently facing a digital evolution, and it is happening fast. This presents us with the opportunity to be present where our users would be, by making lives more convenient, and that includes having a faster and seamless mobility experience for the rakyat. As the partner in Malaysians’ transportation journey, we look at the #JOMTEKSI initiative from two perspectives. Firstly, is to provide an additional mobility option that is cashless, accessible and safe for our users. Secondly, we want to drive a broader, more inclusive financial platform that will benefit taxi drivers and passengers alike. These programmes that we introduce today will be the first of many steps that we will take to cultivate an inclusive, robust taxi industry.”
In conjunction with the launch, users will receive a RM3 flag fall cashback if payment is made via the Touch ‘n Go eWallet to any of the 6,000 #JOMTEKSI drivers. The cashback promotion is applicable to any destination within Malaysia and is available beginning from 13 December 2019 until 12 June 2020.
This #JOMTEKSI initiative is supported by Ministry of Transport Malaysia, Cyberview Sdn Bhd, YES Communications, CARS International, Majlis Perbandaran Sepang and Perbadanan Putrajaya.
Meanwhile, for any taxi driver who wants to become part of the #JOMTEKSI community, they can connect with #JOMTEKSI’s on-boarding partners, namely Koperasi Pengangkutan Putrajaya & Cyberjaya, EzCab, PicknGo and Taxi Comfort.
For more information and updates about #JOMTEKSI, visit www.tngdigital.com.my/urban-mobility/jomteksi. Download the Touch ‘n Go eWallet via the Apple App Store and Google Play Store respectively.